Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Post - Off I Go!!!

My trip to Bangladesh is finally here!!
I'm uber excited to go but it's always hard to say the goodbyes at the airport.
But I'm sure that once I fly for many many hours I will be too tired to be sad.

I wore my winter clothes to the airport but then left them with my parents because I WON'T NEED THEM!  That's right.  I'm headed to 20-something weather, escaping the dismal Canadian January and February.  I must say, that is one of the huge perks of this trip.

My next stop is London, England where I land and Heathrow then have to take a shuttle bus to Gatwick.

Missing my family, missing my husband.... but this is going to be an amazing experience, so it's definitely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me, Shannon. What a remarkable thing to be doing. I'll be glad when you have reached Dhaka. Hope your transfer to Gatwick goes smoothly. Love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete